• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer Chill out in the Austrian Alps this summer with Dungeons of Hinterberg, launching this July

1714452174170.png

Sometimes all it takes is a specific art style to draw someone to a game, hence why I was attracted to Dungeons of Hinterberg like a moth to a flame. The graphics for this action RPG slash social sim slash dungeon crawler are beautifully colorful and perfectly cel-shaded, a favorite technique of mine. Dungeons of Hinterberg has almost seemed like a fever dream to this point for whatever reason, but today's announcement of a launch date (and the release of a new trailer) makes it feel very much real.

Set in the beautiful alpine village of Hinterberg in the Austrian Alps, Dungeons of Hinterberg combines hack'n'slash action with puzzle-solving and social sim elements. Players head out on a vacation to the modern-day village. Most people would think the Alps are for hiking or skiing, but in Hinterberg. Here, it's about mastering magic, slaying monsters, hunting for loot, and solving puzzles.

25 magical dungeons recently appeared around the small village, drawing monster-slaying tourists from around the globe. But that doesn't mean the locals just disappear! Players will adventure during the day, but during the night they will forge friendships with the locals and other adventurers. Good relationships are the key to becoming a better hack'n'slasher: some characters will help make the player stronger or teach them new tricks, but other people are into nothing but fun and selfies.

There is so much to do in the Austrian Alps. Snowboard down a glacier, zipline through a forest, climb a mountain, enjoy coffee next to a lake… the options are nearly endless. When it comes to the lurking monsters, sword and magic skills are crucial to fight them off. Harness the wind, or conjure a snowboard out of thin air, or freeze enemies in jelly. The dungeons cannot simply just be braved with only brute force, as puzzles that require brainpower and magic skills will stand in the way of the path to an exit.

Sign-ups are now open for a Dungeons of Hinterberg playtest (via Steam) that runs from May 9-16. Players will be able to experience Hinterberg in all its glory for two in-game days, though they'll require some training before heading into the mountains and dungeons. Sit back, kick your feet up, and enjoy your staycation – oops, I believe I meant to type slaycation.

Developed by Microbird Games and published by Curve Games, Dungeons of Hinterberg will be released for PC and Xbox Series on July 18.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back