• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer Learn about the farming and homestead systems for medieval fantasy RPG life-sim adventure Mirthwood in this new trailer

1714616476119.png

Farming sims are great: you can be one with nature without ever having to step foot outside. That may sound lazy to some but as someone who is super sensitive to the sun and heat, farming sims give me an experience I wouldn't otherwise actually enjoy. I'm always on the lookout for something in the genre that feels fresh – something like Mirthwood. I wrote about the upcoming medieval fantasy RPG life-sim adventure game when it was first announced, drawn to it due to the developer's inspiration of Fable and Stardew Valley. My excitement only grows with the narrated gameplay trailer that has dropped for Steam Farm Fest.

At the beginning of Mirthwood, you've fled a continent swept with war to a new land. Each day in Mirthwood is filled with warmth and wonder… unless you choose to take a darker route. You do you. Regardless, every sunrise brings a new opportunities and every companion a story. The developer has set out to instill you with a captivating sense of adventure while you pave your own path through the expansive world.

Mirthwood's world is fully simulated with an economy that involves the NPCs living their normal daily lives. You choices will, however, impact the world and shape events. You can befriend (or insult, if that's more your thing) any NPC. Grow your relationships and reputation to unlock new social interactions. If you leave the town, you won't be at it alone: travel with a companion or pet who will also assist in battles/adventures and can engage in falconry.

The world includes six diverse regions and three distinct towns. Choose to travel by foot or mount then head out through places like mystical forests and boggy swamps. When you find yourself against enemies, equip your weapon of choice. Close combat and ranged combat are both an option. Don't forget to hunt down rare items!

Today's trailer shines the spotlight of two major gameplay mechanics in Mirthwood – farming and homestead building:

Farming goes way past tilling and planting. You can cultivate various crops, rear diverse animals, and craft artisan goods. Will you have a green thumb? Will you be an animal lover? Will you become an industrialist? Players can create their dream home how they want it to be with three versatile building modes (freeform, grid, and snap).

Developed by Bad Ridge Games and published by V Publishing, Mirthwood will be released for PC via Steam in Q3 2024.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back