• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ROM Hack Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver translation

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
4.5 video preview of the Katakana patch

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Why aren't you doing a story translation?
A: I feel that I'd be competing with Nintendo, which I do not want. If you would like a story translation, please see Magnius' translation.

Q: Why aren't you using the NDSTool patching method?
A: That would require me to include illegal ROM files. It's the same reason why you need both the English and Japanese ROMs for ChemicalGus' the World Ends with You undub patch.

Q: You should translate X game!
A: The games I've been requested to translate have already been announced for a localized release, such as Professor Layton. I'd love to do a title like Tales of Rebirth for the PSP, but I've yet to find a hacker to help me with that.

Q: When is the next version coming out?
A: I usually make releases at night time, 11PM central or so, so please check back then!

Q: Can you leave the Trainer Names and Towns in Japanese?
A: No. The idea for the Katakana patch is to retain LEGALITY, not to feed weeaboos. The only thing that will ever remain in Japanese is the story. Aside from that, absolutely everything Japanese will be terminated.

Q: What is the best emulator to play this on?
A: Personally, I'd use DeSmuME. But if you really have the option, I'd suggest buying a flashcart.

Q: Which flashcart?
A: The Acekard most definitely for DSi. If you can dish out a little extra money, go for the CycloDS for the original DS/DS Lite.

Staff

Translators
Raqib12

Graphic editors
Rykin

Beta testers
Rykin
lyptt
demonicstrife

Special thanks
Romruto [For creating such an awesome English logo]
kosheh [For trying to help with the project before]
Rudolph [For the anti-freeze patch]
lyptt [For creating the swapper for Items]
Rykin [For helping me out as much as he did]
Game Freak [For creating Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver]
loadingNOW [For creating thenewpoketext]

Things you will find in my patch that won't be in others
  • The menu no longer yells at you. (example: Attack instead of ATTACK)
  • Translated text. That's right, I do not copy and paste from previous Pokémon titles for the most part. All new items and descriptions will have translated text.
  • When possible, I change "OK" to "okay".
  • Other tidbits of text that won't be found anywhere else.

What remains
  • Physical menu interface [75%]
  • Pokédex [100%]
  • Pokémon [95%] (I may have missed something... please report to me if you've found anything)
  • Bag [90%] (All items and descriptions inserted; most items translated, no descriptions translated yet) [NOTE*Mostly inserted from Platinum]
  • PokéGear [95%] (Most locations done, operations almost complete, all names translated (except for Melody, because she won't insert...?))
  • Trainer Card [100%]
  • Save [100%]
  • Options [100%]
  • Continue screen [50%] (Descriptions left for New Game/Mystery Gift/PokeWalker)
  • In-Battle [95%] (I was playing earlier, and I saw the elemental types were not done for when Porygon uses "Conversion") [NOTE*Mostly inserted from Platinum]
  • Box Operations [70%] (A lot of the untranslated text is because I'd like to keep it as similar to the localized text as possible. If anyone can confirm the untranslated lines, that'd be much appreciated!)
  • Pokémon Center [80%] (All of Nurse Joy translated)
  • PokéMart [90%]
  • Kurt's Balls [0%] (You effing perverts.)
  • Wi-Fi Operations [0%]
  • Battle frontier [0%]
  • Trainer Titles [100%]
  • Trainer Names [100%][/b]
  • Pokémon Emotions [0%] (I am still contemplating this one)

Download mirrors
HeartGold 4.5
SoulSilver 4.5

Confirmed working (not freezing) flashcarts with 3.0
Acekard 2/2i [AKAIO]
MMD
R4DS
EZFlash V/Vi
EDGE
M3 Sakura [Touchpod firmware? I don't know, I don't have an M3]
DSTT/i
CycloDS
--
NO$GBA [Go to options, then go to Emulation Setup. Change the NDS Cartridge Backup Media to either FLASH 512kbytes or EEPROM 64kbytes.]
YSMenu

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back